Care of the spiritual activities conducted at the college is entrusted to Opus Dei, a personal Prelature of the Catholic Church. Opus Dei was founded in 1928 in Madrid, Spain by Saint Josemaría Escriva. An organisation for lay people, it aims to relay to every person that God invites everybody to seek holiness in and through their ordinary work, family life and social relations. Opus Dei has an international presence, where members live and work in more than 90 countries. The senior staff are members of Opus Dei and are happy to answer questions about its aims and activities.
Chaplain: Rev Dr Matthew A Bloomer BA (UCBerkeley) PhD (MIT) BTh SThD (PUSC)
- The chapel is always open for private prayer.
- Mass at Creston Chapel
- Weekdays 7:00 am (or 7:00 am at a nearby parish)
- Saturdays 8:00 am
- Sundays 10:00 am
- Holy Rosary
- Daily 6:30 pm (immediately after dinner)
- Solemnities: Solemn Benediction at 8:30 pm
- Thursday night preceding First Friday: 15-minute Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at 8 pm
30-minute directed prayer by Chaplain (Meditation) 4:45 pm followed by Benediction with the Blessed Sacrament
The Chaplain will be available for the Sacrament of reconciliation (Confession) or consultation from 4:00 pm and after Benediction.
- Classes on Catholic Doctrine are available. Please ask Beng or Marian.
- Do you want to be a Catechist? We teach at Sydney Girls High School, RCIA at St Mary’s Cathedral and hold a local family catechism group. If interested, ask Beng.
- Click here for Faith and Reason Series
- Monthly Recollection 3rd Saturdays 2:30 -5:30 pm Creston Chapel
- Spiritual Retreat Weekends (Southern Highlands): 8 pm Friday till 4 pm Sunday
2017 dates are:
- March 10-12
- July 14 – 16
- August 11-13
- September 15-17