Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS)
The Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) is a document which is given to students with their academic transcript and testamur at graduation. The AHEGS provides information on the course of study undertaken, details of a student’s academic achievements, information on the university at which the degree was undertaken and details of the Australian higher education system.
The AHEGS is intended to aid student mobility, both in Australia and overseas. Information provided on the Australian higher education system will make it easier for Australian students to gain entry to further study or employment overseas. The details of students’ academic achievements and course of study undertaken is a valuable tool for employers to use when hiring graduates.
The AHEGS is currently being implemented by all Australian universities and some Australian private higher education providers. A number of universities have already started issuing AHEGS to graduating students.
All UNSW students completing program requirements in and from Semester 1, 2010 will receive an AHEGS on graduation.
The AHEGS provides a description of the nature, level, context and status of studies completed. It is only issued on completion of an award, so differs from an academic transcript which can be issued at various stages of a student’s career.
The UNSW Advantage program currently includes over 500 activities, such as voluntary work, internships and mentoring.
The program is designed to help you make the most of your time at UNSW and your participation in program activities will be officially recognised on the AHEGS certificate you will receive upon graduation.
You can try something different, be inspired and build your confidence. The program allows you to improve your career prospects and employability by:
- Enhancing your degree
- Contributing to the community
- Increasing your skills, and
- Broadening your experience
Creston College service & leadership roles accredited for AHEGS and UNSW Advantage are:
- Creston College Academic Tutor
- Creston College Resident Tutor
- Creston College Orientation Week Leader
- Creston College Community Service Volunteer
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, President
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, Secretary
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, Treasurer
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, Sports Director
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, Social Director
- Creston College House Committee Executive Member, Cultural Director